Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last two week’s development changes in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSimulator’s cutting edge ‘master’ branch in OpenSimulator’s Git source control system. Only changes that I think will be interesting to end users are listed. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSimulator 0.7.5 (released on February 9, 2013).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSimulator ( 4cbadc3 – 53de6d9 ).
- The first OpenSimulator Community Conference (OSCC13) took place! It was a great success and feedback from attendees was overwhelmingly positive. I hope to write my own blog post about it soon.
Features & bug fixes
- I fixed a recent regression when users teleporting to non-neighbouring regions would continue to hear their source region chat for up to 15 seconds after the teleport (857f24a).
- I added an experimental “show grid users online” command to the GridUser ROBUST service to show approximately how many users are online in the grid. This is not guaranteed to be accurate since a user that hasn’t logged in again after a region crash will still be seen as online. The command attempts to compensate this by ignoring users that appear to have been online for 5 days continuously up to the present time (5f15ee9).
- I fixed an issue where Hypergrid users in groups were not correctly allowed into regions where that group had permission to enter. Diva later further changed the code to avoid a regression where other membership checks would fail (04619a9).
- Robert Adams of Intel fixed physics collision logic so that the land_collision LSL event is also triggered, instead of just land_collision_start and land_collision_end (b05cb3b2).
- The default maximum allowed distance for avatar teleports was increased to 16383 map tiles in development code. This is in response to fixes in third party viewers to allow teleports further than 4096 tiles (66e059a).
- Robert Adams continued to work on OpenSimulator’s Bulletsim physics plugin, this week working on linksets, hinge, spring and slider constraints, the avatar physics capsule, axis specification
- Talun contributed a patch to fix an error that would occur if one tried to convert a string in the list returned from llList2Key() to a key (07d6a03).
- I added the ability to add and remove behaviours from bots in the pCampbot utility whilst they are connected to a simulator. This is to allow such things as testing with them initially at rest and then jumping about.