Hello everybody. This is a summary of this week’s development changes in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSimulator’s cutting edge ‘master’ branch in OpenSimulator’s Git source control system. Only changes that I think will be interesting to end users are listed. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSimulator 0.7.5 (released on February 9, 2013).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSimulator ( 05012bb – 216f5af ).
- The first OpenSimulator Community Conference (OSCC13) was announced! This will take place on the weekend of September 7th to 8th. Please see the link for further details.
Features & bug fixes
- Diva fixed a bug with group notices in the built-in OpenSimulator groups modules (05012bb).
- I added an experimental ability to periodically dump all stats (i.e. the output of the “show stats all” command) to the file OpenSimStats.log (or RobustStats.log) every 5 seconds. This can only currently be controlled with the commands “debug stats record start” and “debug stats record stop” (d6d5d4e).
- Teravus made terrain editing smoother for a user, in both normal and megaregions (99a4a91).
- Teravus added the console command “set water height” which allows one to directly set the water height of a region from the console (4e86674).
- Robert Adams of Intel continued to work on OpenSimulator’s BulletSim physics plugin, this week working on avatars (6410a25).
- I fixed further issues with the new V2 teleport protocol, chiefly issues with closing child agents. I made further fixes in the next week (cfdcdbb).
- I added a framework for posting warnings to the log if certain checks in the simulator fail (e.g. each logged in avatar generates at least 5 inbound UDP messages per second). Not yet in use.