Hello everybody. This is a summary of the weeks of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSimulator’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Only changes that I think will be interesting to end users are listed. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSimulator 0.7.4 (released on August 31st, 2012).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 8efae93 – f3b1efd ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- Diva fixed an issue with the Hypergrid asset mapper where not all assets necessary to render chains of objects (an object within the inventory of another object, etc.) were brought in when an object was transferred from a home sim to a foreign sim (whether through rezzing it on that foreign sim, giving it to a foreign user, etc.) (af8d536).
- Robert Adams of Intel continued to work on the BulletSim physics engine plugin, this week looking at linksets, materials, sitting and vehicles (f3b1efd).
- I added a “debug script log” console command which allows state and event changes to be logged for individual scripts to help with debugging (047270b).
- I fixed a regression from commit ed162a1 (Fri Oct 5 13:50:12 2012) where sounds were no longer playing from user inventory after teleport (6fca93f).
- I added a WaitForEventCompletionOnScriptStop to the [XEngine] config section of OpenSim.ini. This is to experiment with an issue where thread aborts of scripts executing events (which happen if an event takes longer than a timeout to complete) can cause mono 2.6, 2.10 and possibly later to crash, with symptoms such as 100% cpu usage and threads waiting for locks which no other threads hold. Default for this wait period is currently 1 second. If you see these kinds of issues, you could try increasing this period. The tradeoff here is with the timely abort of badly behaved scripts (5232130).
- I fixed an issue where setting llVolumeDetect(FALSE) where volume detect had been previously set on an object would not clear the phantom flag. This would cause subsequent problems if physics was then enabled for that object (750ad2d).
- No news this week.