Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSimulator’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Only changes that I think will be interesting to end users are listed. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSimulator 0.7.4 (released on August 31st, 2012).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 91312da – 1cfd63d ).
- None this week.
Features & bug fixes
- BlueWall changed the Nonphysical* Regions.ini configuration names for controlling prim dimensions on a region to more consistently be named NonPhysical* instead (e.g. NonphysicalPrimMin -> NonPhysicalPrimMin) (9d973e).
- I fixed pCampbot to work under Windows by updating the version of libopenmetaverse bundled with OpenSimulator which now uses exactly the same log4net.dll as OpenSimulator itself (95809ca).
- Updating libopenmetaverse also updated the version of libopenjpeg shipped with OpenSimulator from 1.3 to 1.5. libopenjpeg is used to create dynamic textures, map tiles and to decode sculpt data, amongst other things (e50b6b5).
- I added libopenmetaverse’s openmetaverse_data directory to OpenSimulator’s bin/ so that avatars created with pCampBot are not naked (f99278c).
- I made ResendAppearancesUpdate = true by default in the [Appearance] section of OpenSimDefaults.ini. This resends avatar appearance UUIDs (though not the textures themselves unless the viewer requests them) every 60 seconds. This has been seen to help in some situations where the viewer ignores the first appearance update for other avatars (f2a9d26).
- Starflower contributed a patch to fix a bug where an IRC nick would not be created if the user had disabled nick randomization in the IRC module (b481a78).
- I added the ability to log outgoing HTTP messages from the simulator and from a ROBUST instance. This means that the “debug http [<level>]” console command now becomes “debug http in|out|all [<level>] where in, out and all control what types of HTTP messages are logged. This can be very useful in debugging or diagnosing performance issues where the simulator needs to make ongoing calls to other simulators or ROBUST services (80f486c).
- I added an extra debug level 4 to “debug http” which will log request time for every ingoing/outgoing HTTP request (except for poll handlers). This means that the previous levels 4 (show body excerpt) and 5 (log whole incoming body) now become levels 5 and 6 (a5b3989).
- Diva did more work on the forthcoming HG 2.0, adding asset based permission policies, fixing missing assets for attachments used over the Hypergrid, user access control and many other things. She explains it far better than I can (1c42337).
- SignpostMarv contributed a patch to fix llListFindList() not returning a match if a script constant was used in the source list (5df3944).
- Michelle Argus contributed a patch to remove various inconsistent and deprecated parameters (region_uuid, regionid, region_ID, regionID) from RemoteAdmin XMLRPC calls. Or calls now use the parameter region_id to indicate the region (a6f7328).
- SignpostMarv contributed various patches to document various OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.EventManager events.