Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSimulator’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Only changes that I think will be interesting to end users are listed. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSimulator 0.7.4 (released on August 31st, 2012).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( e90168c – 32b534f ).
- OpenSimulator 0.7.4 was released! Many, many thanks to all the folks who made this possible.
Features & bug fixes
- SignpostMarv contributed a patch to fix a bug where the channel digger effect for the terrain module was not being loaded and made available (72c2d13).
- Mic Bowman of Intel implemented an osSetContentType() OSSL function that lets you set an arbitrary content return type for an llRequestUrl() (3d736d5).
- SignpostMarv contributed a patch to fix a problem where the last element in a list was being ignored for some operations of llListStatistics() (c76c637).
- Melanie of Avination fixed a bug where having more than about 63 users in an estate’s banlist could cause the viewer to crash when the estate dialog was opened (68814f9).
- SignpostMarv contributed a patch to add support for registering static script methods from region modules when using modInvoke() (e6f4302).
- Robert Adams of Intel continued to work on the BulletSim plugin, making it compatible with megaregions amongst less user-facing changes (32b534f).
- No news this week.