Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSimulator’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Only changes that I think will be interesting to end users are listed. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSimulator 0.7.3.1 (released on March 30th 2012).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 57094bd – 5d3723a ).
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- I stopped it being possible for a script to attach a prim if it was being sat upon by another avatar (58869e5).
- I added an osForceAttachToOtherAvatarFromInventory() OSSL function which allow a script to attach an item in its inventory to another avatar in the region. Useful in serious game/environment scenarios where one wants to attach objects automatically (c8af20f).
- I fixed a regression starting from commit 5301648 (Mon Jun 25 2012) where attachment script state stopped being preserved for attachments that were detached to user inventory or derezzed when the user logged out (f3134b5).
- I changed the code so that if a prim has an explicit sit target and an avatar is already sitting there, another avatar can still on that prim in the same position it would sit as if no sit target were set. This matches behaviour on the LL grid (337ea01).
- I changed the very recent AllowedViewerList and BannedViewerList for individual simulators in the [Startup] section of OpenSim.ini to be AllowedClients and BannedClients respectively instead. This better matches the existing parallel settings in [LoginService] for login as a whole. The list is also now bar (|) separated rather than comma (,) (75ab9b4).
- I fixed an issue where the first time a Warp3D map texture was generated, an exception was thrown. In this case, the texture was still correctly generated, saved to disk and used in subsequent simulator startups – it just wasn’t correctly used for the first startup where the texture had to be generated (ec6a195).
- SignpostMarv contributed an implementation of the LSL function llSetRegionPos() (84b7ae2).
- Dahlia updated the prim mesher to fix a problem where a slice of a tapered box would wrongly go partly phantom. Please see Mantis 6085 for more details (5d3723a).
- No news this week.