Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSimulator’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Only changes that I think will be interesting to end users are listed. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSimulator 0.7.3.1 (released on March 30th 2012).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 8e7032e – 6d3ee8b ).
- The llCastRay() implementation added last week was not operational because of the accidental omission of a connecting piece of code. This was addressed today (Tuesday 26th June) and will be in next week’s summary.
Features & bug fixes
- I stopped the LSL to C# linemap from being written on initial script start by the script engine. As well as being more efficient, this also avoids an occasional race condition where two files would attempt to write this file at the same time, though there were no obvious adverse effects from this (ef686ea).
- I changed the default XEngine logging level from DEBUG to INFO. This stops the log being spammed with script loading notices, which are especially bad when avatars with lots of scripts enter the simulator. All other important log messages will still be seen. If you want the load notices back, then please change the logging level for XEngine back to DEBUG in OpenSim.exe.config (9f3feef).
- I fixed a bug where requests for inventory folder data over HTTP inventory capabilities were returning type enumeration names rather than integers. Such requests don’t appear to be made by the Linden Lab version 3 viewer but might be made by other Third Party Viewers. This change has no effect on version 1 viewers or viewers where HTTP inventory fetching has been disabled (b23425c).
- I fixed a bug where attachments rotated but not otherwise moved would not retain their position on relog (fda39c1).
- I fixed a bug where changing HUD positions could in extremely rare cases cause that HUD to also appear on other viewers. More such bug fixes are to come (4cf4936).
- I fixed a bug where script events could very occasionally fail to happen due to a race condition (80a41e6).
- I fixed a race condition where an incoming request to an URL set up by llRequestUrl() could occasionally trigger an exception if the URL was being removed by llReleaseUrl() at the same time. Now, a 404 HTTP error is properly returned (7814376).
- BlueWall fixed an issue where a script that had been stopped from running would start running again if its containing object was taken into inventory and then rerezzed (6d3ee8b).