Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSimulator’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Only changes that I think will be interesting to end users are listed. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSimulator 0.7.3.1 (released on March 30th 2012).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 8f87f55 – 729d901 ).
- As of git master 01a2b0b, I believe that the problems with HTTP inventory capabilities and LL viewer 3.3.1 and onwards mentioned last week are now fixed. This also fixes HTTP inventory for older viewers. However, this means that OpenSimulator 0.7.3.1 will not work for LL 3.3.1 and onwards unless those viewers fix inventory via UDP.
Features & bug fixes
- I added a “teleport user” region console command that allows users to be teleported from the console (bf0b817).
- I added a mechanism to allow ODE (and other physics modules) to post extra stats for debugging purposes. This requires the setting collect_stats = true in [ODEPhysicsSettings] in OpenSim.ini. Data is made available via the monitoring module (6375db1).
- I fixed the Top Colliders report available via the viewer to report the top 25 colliders, not just the first 25 in the list that had a non-zero collision score. On getting the report, a refresh is usually needed to get a more realistic idea of collision numbers as the collision scores always accumulate since the last report request. This report is probably only useful if there are physics objects in the scene and at the moment scores may be wrong reset for those objects (878b67b).
- As listed in the previous section, I fixed HTTP inventory capabilities, as implemented by new LL viewers and third party viewers based upon that code. This means that both inventory and outfit management (clothes and attachments) is improved/fixed for those viewers that use HTTP inventory (729d901).
- No news this week.