Hello everybody. This is a summary of the last week of development in OpenSimulator. Except where otherwise specified, the changes described here appear only in OpenSimulator’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Only changes that I think will be interesting to end users are listed. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. Sometimes this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSimulator 0.7.3.1 (released on March 30th 2012).
The letters and numbers in brackets after some entries tell you the latest git commit to which they apply.
This week in OpenSim ( 7c229c8 – 0db60ee ).
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- BlueWall added configurable spawn point routing for telehubs. In other words, one can choose to send newly arrived avatars to the closes spawn point (the default setting), a random spawn point or place new avatars in a round robin of the spawn points (295bb32).
- BlueWall also added an option to allow landmarks to override telehub routing (c05f87b).
- Chris Koeritz contributed a patch to fix various SMTP e-mail issues in OpenSimulator. Largest e-mail body size was lifted to 4096 bytes (this is also now configurable in email_max_size in the [SMTP] config section in OpenSim.ini. In addition, an email_pause_time config item was also added if one wants a delay before an e-mail is sent (30a272b).
- I closed down a race condition where concurrent teleport requests could interfere with each other, causing teleport failure. The check for whether a teleport is already in progress is now made much earlier. However, there are more race conditions to close down (c2aa3b9).
- Oren Hurvitz of Kitely contributed a patch to save and restore telehub information from an OpenSim Archive (OAR) (52a32878).
- Melanie of Avination fixed llCollisionFilter() so that it works for individual prims, not just the whole object or nothing (1ce576b).
- I extended the “show object name”, “show part name” and “delete object name” region console commands so that one can now use the –regex switch to interpret the name as a regex instead. For instance, objects with the names Primitive1, Primitive2 and Primitive3 coul dbe shown with “show object name –regex Primitive.*”. This also means that you can now delete all objects on the current region with the command “delete object name –regex .*”. The console now asks for confirmation before doing a delete based on a regular expression! (02f3b116).
- I fixed an issue where prims in a linkset sometimes changed order when an OAR was loaded (1b5ce8c).
- I made the region agent limit check against only the root agents in a region (represented by avatars) instead of root and child agents. From all the available documentation, this makes sense since the user expects agent limit to apply only to avatars (4d34763).
- I fixed an issue where a new outfit folder was not created when a new outfit was saved if there are any previous outfits. Another outfit bug (folders couldn’t be renamed) was fixed in the next week. However, an issue remains where the current outfit name isn’t restored on relog (though all the individual body parts, clothing and attachments that make up that outfit are restored). This might be a recent issue with LL viewer 3.3.1 (896cd45).
- I enabled FetchInventoryDescendents2 and FetchInventory2 inventory capabilities by default. It now looks like these are required for LL 3.3.1 to work properly – without them the viewer constantly makes failing XML requests. There might be some attachments related bugs that need to be fixed for these capabilities. Older viewers will continue to use UDP inventory as normal (9fa0577).
- No news this week.