Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of last Saturday. The letters in brackets after bug and feature points are the Git revision identifiers in which the work appears. We only give the first 6 characters of each revision but this should be enough to identify it.
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.8 (released on 23rd December 2009).
This week in OpenSim ( 3ff28e – 316503 ).
- None this week
Features & bug fixes
- CasperW contributed a patch that fixes a security problem with osSetDynamicTexture() (3ff28e).
- Mic Bowman contributed a patch that makes all console command output print directly to the screen rather than via the log. This means that you no longer need to have a log level of INFO to see command output (c211a1).
- Revolution contributed a patch that fixes llSetDamage() (14e62c).
- Revolution contributed a patch that changes all the region modules bundled with the OpenSim project from the old style to the new Mono.Addins style. Documentation for the new style does not appear to be complete – I should think that the old style modules will continue to work for at least the next few releases, if not longer.
- Diva and Melanie continue to work on migrating the legacy user service into a number of separate ROBUST services (presence, user accounts, authentication, etc.). This is currently being done on a separate presence-refactor branch.