Hi folks. The OpenSim 0.6.7 source packages are now ready for download either in tar.gz or .zip form. The source code in these packages needs to be built before they can be used. Binary packages should follow in the next few weeks (there isn’t a continuous end-to-end process for producing these yet).
The OpenSim 0.6.7 release was branched from trunk on the 28th September 2009.
As usual, please bear in mind that Opensim is still at the alpha code quality stage with documentation to match (improvements in the opensim wiki are always welcome!). Only minimal testing has been performed on this release.
Here are some highlights of the changes between 0.6.6 and 0.6.7. Apologies in advance for any inaccuracies (corrections again welcome 🙂
- Asset and Inventory services have been moved to the new ROBUST infrastructure. The User, Grid and Messaging servers still exist as specific executables.
- A Vivox voice module was introduced.
- Inbound LSL HTTP functions were implemented.
- The inventory service was overhauled to fetch folders and items individually as required rather than all at once.
- Experimental OpenSim Inventory Archives (IARs) were introduced.
- A console for remotely controlling region simulators and ROBUST servers was introduced.
- The Open Dynamics Engine (ODE) physics module was made the default physics implementation. This means that 64 bit Windows users will have to use the OpenSim.32BitLaunch.exe executable rather than OpenSim.exe.
- Experimental megaregions were introduced.
- A massive number of performance improvements and other bug fixes were made.