Hello everybody. This is a short summary of OpenSim development for the past week up until the end of Saturday.
Last week, OpenSim moved from using Subversion for its source control to Git. Git uses UUIDs to denote revisions rather than an incrementing number. So the brackets now contain the first 6 characters of the Git revision (which should be enough to identify it).
The changes described here appear only in OpenSim’s cutting edge Git ‘master’ branch. Please do not attempt to use code taken directly from ‘master’ in any production environment. At particular points in time this in-development code may not work or may even cause data corruption. If you are not a developer or tester, please treat this summary instead as a preview of what will be coming up in the next release. The latest official release is OpenSim 0.6.6 (branched at old Subversion revision r9962).
This week in OpenSim ( fea3ff – 8b9f87 )
- As mentioned above, OpenSim transition from Subversion to Git for it’s source code repository. See Sean’s post for more details.
Features & bug fixes
- Alan Webb contributed a patch that adds support for the attach event in scripts (068f54)
- Teravus modified the OpenMetaverse DLL’s so that OpenSim now works with Mono 2.0.1. However, we still recommend Mono 2.4.2 for performance and stability reasons (b8f539).
- Teravus removed the hardcoded 256m region size limitation from OpenSim. However, as far as I know, all current Second Life viewers expect a square 256m region size, so changing this parameter will probably cause viewers to fail in interesting ways (or more likely, crash (bff26c)
- Adam continued to work on Mini Region Module (MRM) functionality, with patch contributions by Snowcrash.
- mcortez started some refactorng work on groups.